THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you submit when you place an order for our services (including your name, email address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiration date) which we need to process your order and to notify you of your order status;
- information about you which you include in any e-mails or letters that you send to us;
- information about your usage of the Site; and
- information about your computer, which may include your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (statistical data about’ browsing actions and patterns that does not identify any individual).
DISPLAY ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING
Our Sites use a unique tracking code to support Google Display Advertising enabling Google Analytics to collect traffic data by using our cookies. This is in addition to the data collected through the standard Google Analytics implementation allowing the Remarketing feature based on Display Advertising from Google. It is with this feature that we use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online adhering to the Google Adwords Remarketing Policy and its sensitive category restrictions.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve advertisements based on your past visits to our Sites for 30 days.
OPT-OUT OR CHANGE PREFERENCES OF DISPLAY ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING
Visitors to our Sites can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager. In addition, Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on allows you to choose how your data is collected and can be installed direct in your browser.
We may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to the Sites may be used to create reports about the use of the Sites and the analytics service provider will store this information.
A few of the methods that may be used to store or access information already stored on your computer are as follows (although note that subsequent technology and methods may be developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a text file placed on a device when a user visits a website. Cookies can be temporary (e.g. session) or permanent (e.g. persistent). They can also be first party (e.g. placed by us) or third party (e.g. placed by a third party advertiser or ad server).
- Flash Cookies. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. This can operate across all your browsers
- HTML5. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage and do not require a plug-in.
- ETag or entity tag. An opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL that acts as a form of device identifier.
We use the information collection technologies set out in the table below for the following purposes:
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Persistent Cookie||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Site cookie acceptance||b b bm nmv
|Session Cookie||PHPSESSID||This cookie is used by Iris Select Lifestyle to identify you as a user between page loads. This allows Iris Select Lifestyle to remember certain settings, like which part of the Iris Select Lifestyle website you were using before you were asked to sign in or register.||Temporary Session Cookie
This cookie is destroyed each time you close your browser.
|Member Login Cookies||q_login
|These cookies are used when the Iris Select Lifestyle member logs into the members area of the Site.||Persistent Cookie|
|Language preference cookie||lang||Used for remembering the users language preference.||Persistent Cookie|
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your computer, you can change the settings on your internet browser to disable, remove or reject cookies. For more information about how to do this, you should consult the “Help” section of your browser. In some but not all instances, cookies can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and you will see that different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Please note that rejecting cookies via your browser may not be effective with regard to HMTL5 and Flash cookies (which are explained in more detail above). For information on disabling Flash cookies, please go to Adobe’s website www.adobe.com.
THE WAY YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of a Site, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of a Site;
- notify you every now and again about important changes to the Sites or our services;
- to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our Sites (including any advertising present on our Sites);
- to enable us to provide our services to you and to process your orders for specific goods and/or services;
- to produce reports on our customers’ preferences, interests and buying habits (these reports will not identify you in any way); and
- for security purposes.
We may also use your information to notify you of our services and our exciting new offers if you have either requested marketing communications from us, or consented to receive marketing communications when you registered for one of our services. If you do not want to receive such marketing communications, please tick the appropriate box on the relevant Site’s registration page. You may opt out of receiving such marketing communications at any time by following the instructions below.
We may permit selected third party partners or affiliates of ours to provide you with information about their products and services which may be of interest to you, as long as you have consented to receive marketing communications from our selected third parties for such purposes.
You may opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time by notifying us in writing, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in any marketing email that you receive.
THIRD PARTY SITES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or servers hosted by third party service providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Once we have received your information, appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet and that you send your information at your own risk.
Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (which includes any of our subsidiaries).
We may provide third parties with anonymised reports on our customers’ preferences, interests and buying habits. We may provide our trusted service providers with anonymous information about our customers in order for them to compile these reports on our behalf. These reports will not identify you in any way.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time request access to your personal data by contacting us using the contact details set out below. We reserve the right to ask you for proof of your identity and to charge you a fee, if required to meet our costs in granting any data access request you make.